Currently IBM CIC Baltic is hiring Experienced Data Scientist / Developer. In this role you will build a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.). You will apply knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.).
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0394) IBM Lietuva
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Education in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics).
· Coursework in mathematics, statistics, machine learning, and data mining
· High level of comfort with various data types and structures: structured versus unstructured data, or static versus stream data.
· Extensive prior experience in integrating data, profiling, validating and cleansing data.
· Well versed/ good understanding of programming languages like Java/Python in order to generate derived data
· Experience of working within an Agile environment
· Strong understanding of algorithms and advanced data structures
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer relationship skills
· Multivariate statistical and machine learning algorithms, such as Principal Component Analysis, discriminant analysis, linear and logistic regression, k-nearest neighbors, classification and regression trees, neural networks, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience of applying advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques
· Extensive knowledge of and experience in applying data mining and machine learning techniques in a professional context
· Proficiency in statistical tools like SAS, R, SPSS
· Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, PIG and relational databases and SQL
Secondary Job Category
Other Data Science
· Fluency in English
· Troubleshooting skills
· Good verbal and written communications skills
· Availability to travel
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Referral Promo Code
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.