The Data Scientist/Application developer will be part of the Information Analytics (IA) team in the Sofia CIC. IA is focused on supporting the global TSS strategy through new internal and external offerings in business intelligence, automation and cognitive services. The DS/AD will serve as a key participant in the development of these new products and services in the analytics space.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establishing, defining and delivering user stories and MVP's;
· Work in rapid scrum cycles to grow solution functionalities;
· Defining ramp-up infrastructure needs to support a smooth expansion of services
· Collaborating closely with senior Research staff of IBM Research centers worldwide
· Collaborating with the extended analytics and development teams
· Actively communicating progress and roadblocks to the responsible IA technical leader
Working Hours: Bulgarian local with flexibility to take calls according to US working hours or the working hours of respective country of deployment.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 2+ years of experience with object oriented programming languages (Java, Python, Node.js)
· Cloud Foundry, dynamic visualizations, BlueMix - IBM Cloud and/or Node JS, Angular, UX Design, Kubernetes
· Ability to internalize professional knowledge quickly and develop new skills
· Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
· Strong understanding of object oriented programming
· Familiarity with devOps principles
· Experience with GitHub, ZenHub, Trello
· Attention to detail
· Taking ownership where required and delivering on commitments
· Strong command of spoken and written English (C2 level)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, IBM Cloud
· Awareness of UX best practices
· Prior experience with SPSS, Crawling, text processing, logistics optimization
Secondary Job Category
Work Permit / Eligibility to work in Bulgaria
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.