Empowered by data science, we build cognitive and analytic applications in catalysing IBM's transformation journey as a premier cognitive enterprise, particularly in the Quote-to-Cash (Q2C) Operations. Adopting Kaizen principles, our team include data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, as well as automations, operations, and process experts.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. You will engage in building solutions that directly solve real-world problems across IBM Q2C operations and processes.
We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in a fast-changing environment where growth is encouraged. IBM'ers get to discover their potential, so they are supported to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We are a diverse team with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you'll be proud to call yourself an IBM'er.
You'll spend time on the following:
Collaboration & team efforts :
· You will lead in designing and developing systems and processes to consolidate and analyse both structured and unstructured data from diverse data sources to generate actionable insights
· Collaborate with shared services team and subject matter experts (SMEs) to drive and operationalize analytical and cognitive prototypes
Technical efforts :
· You will enable the team in ensuring that we continue to be at the frontline of applying the latest technologies in data science, artificial intelligence and cognitive fields
· Identify new data sources for generating meaningful insights from multiple sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to IBM teams and stakeholders
· Develop models and perform statistical analysis to identify key areas across a range of Quote to Cash functions
· Design and implement users tracking and feedback mechanisms to capture actions and analyse the impact on business outcomes, following implementation and deployment of analytics and cognitive solutions
· Design, build, test and deploy scalable and efficient Spark ecosystem components
· Monitor Spark cluster for performance and capacity planning
Required Technical and Professional Skills:
· A Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, etc). A postgraduate degree involving research in quantitative field will be a plus.
· 3-5 years of experience in working with data sets to build statistical models
· Strong statistical skills such as in probability theories, descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, regression, etc
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forrest, Support Vector Machines, and Clustering
· Expertise in various data science methods (i.e. CRISP-DM, data understanding & preparation, feature engineering, as well as model training, evaluation and validation)
· Experience with common data science languages and libraries such as R, Python (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit), SQL, noSQL, Scala, Weka, MatLab, etc
· Experience with data visualization techniques and tools such as Cognos Analytics, Tableau, Plotly, etc
· Familiarity with data science and cloud platforms such as but not limited to IBM Cloud products (e.g. Watson Assistant, Watson Studio, Bluemix, etc)
· Knowledge in data mining and data engineering techniques
· Great communication (oral and written) skills and strong team player
· Ability to learn new techniques and thrive in fast-changing environment
· Ability to translate complex and abstract problems into technical requirements
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1354) IBM Innovation Services Pte Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cloudant, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
· Experience with distributed computing tools like the Hadoop stack, Spark, Pig, Hive etc.
· Experience working with Linux environment, command line tools and scripting languages such as Bash
· Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, Torch, DL4J, etc
Secondary Job Category
Other Data Science
Eligible to work in Singapore
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.