Develops applications on Big Data and Cognitive technologies including API development. Expected to have traditional Application Development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, open-source Natural Language Processing, statistical and big data computing libraries. Strong technical abilities to understand, design, write and debug complex code. Skills include Python, Spark, Kafka, IBM BigInsights, Hadoop, NoSQL, HBase, HIVE, PIG, C++, SQL, Linux, Java, EAI, SOA, CEP, HDFS, ETL
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (MANILA)
Primary job category
(0891) IBM Solutions Delivery, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Develops applications on Big Data and Cognitive technologies including API development. Expected to have traditional Application Development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, open-source Natural Language Processing, statistical and big data computing libraries. Strong technical abilities to understand, design, write and debug complex code. Skills include Python, Spark, Kafka, IBM BigInsights, Hadoop, NoSQL, HBase, HIVE, PIG, C++, SQL, Linux, Java, EAI, SOA, CEP, HDFS, ETL
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
1. Have a minimum of 2-4 years of development experience in Big Data software development technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, Hive, Kafka) and exposure to resource/cluster management technologies
2. Should have development experience with Scala/Java programming language
3. Must have development experience in Map Reduce, Spark, Scala, streaming (Kafka/spark etc.), hive, my SQL etc., scheduling Oozie, Hue etc.
4. Expected to be an expert in SQL and RDBMS. Good at modeling data for relational, analytical and big data workloads
5. Strong problem solving, analytical, design, decision-making and communication skills.
6. Self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
7. Provide support for deployed data applications and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers and source data providers
Secondary Job Category
· Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
· Must be willing to work on client-based schedule (dayshift, midshift, nightshift) and in client site in Makati
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.