As an IBM Data & AI Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of cognitive technologies. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and our clients' stakeholders.
Responsible for creating the technical solution architecture for a given business problem and taking a leadership role in overseeing the ultimate proposal with support from the client technical professionals in Data & AI.
Requires in-depth knowledge of all the building blocks for Cognitive solutions: Data Management and Collection, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Governance, Master Data Management, BI, Data Science, Machine learning, Open Source, ModelOps & AI.
The individual should have experience in helping define requirements and selecting complementary components for development of a solution blueprint. Expected to have a thorough understanding of content formats, representations, data sources, content management systems and interfaces to these, with the goal of covering the full information path from source to knowledge base and from input to processing the content in cognitive computing solutions.
· Provide best of breed, fit for purpose technology strategy and architectural recommendations based on IBM Data & AI solutions
· General data architecture proposal support and design
· Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development on industry leading cognitive offerings
· Oversee the architecture for the cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, cognitive APIs, NLP technologies, and related data/analytics concepts, e.g. data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, enterprise information management, master data management and/or data consolidation projects.
· Leadership in cross-functional teams
· Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship
· Support pre-sales activities and CTPs (Client Technical Professionals) engagements
· Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
· You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
· Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
· Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(1036) IBM Middle East FZ-LLC Saudi Arabia Branch
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 10 years in Data Management technologies
· At least 5 years of experience in advanced analytics or big data technologies
· At least 5 years of experience with open source data and analytics technologies, such as Python, R
· At least 4 years in pre-sales activities
· At least 3 years of experience in formal project management methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience working as an architect for an IT professional services firm or similar background in an IT architecture role in a large enterprise.
· Broad knowledge of major cloud and on prem technologies including virtualization, containers, etc.
· Experience with NLP or conversational AI technologies, such as Watson Assistant and Watson Discovery is a plus
· Experience using speech recognition and/or speech synthesis technologies (e.g. IBM Watson Speech-to-Text and Text-to-Speech) is a plus
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.