Who you are
IBM is trailblazing new cloud technologies and services that span key technology areas that includes Security Services, Business Support Systems, and Identity and Access Management capabilities running on IBM's industry leading Containers platform.
We are looking for experienced candidates with a broad array of full-stack development skills that span both backend, UI development, test automation and DevOps.
As a Cloud Software Engineer, the ideal candidate must bring a deep level of experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting modern cloud services. In addition, they are accountable as individuals and organizational leaders for delivering value by bringing relevant technology domain and implementation expertise in topics aligned with the cloud platform integration, orchestration/provisioning, security, and DevOps.
Cloud software developers are also expected to assist in the gathering of business and technical requirements, implement specific technologies while demonstrating progress on a regular basis, and work with technical leads or project managers to identify and overcome technical blockers.
What you'll do:
Candidate will be part of the Cloud Platform Development organization as a full stack developer with following responsibilities -
• Developing and supporting customer/business requirements.
• Developing tools for support teams to enable them to quickly respond tocustomer requests.
• Helping service providers to successfully onboard onto the Cloud platform.
• Executing and automating end to end integration test scenarios.
• Create and own CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy using Jenkins or similar tools
• Perform code coverage analysis
• Perform security scans to identify vulnerabilities in the code / environment
• Configure, maintain and optimize cloud containers
• Conduct system tests for security, performance and availability
• Partnering with Global Teams to provide 24/7 production support.
How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
· You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3 + years relevant work experience with any of the following skills
· Experience on one or more of the following languages (React, NodeJS, GO, Java script, Python )
· Demonstrated knowledge of SOA / web services – REST, XML, JSON
· Cloudant or NoSQL database
· Git submodules
· Test automation with Selenium or other similar platform
· Micro services development and management
· CI/CD tools and development
· A positive attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion in a fast paced environment
· Experience in large systems software design and development
· Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Strong understanding and proven experience with Cloud technologies
· Full stack development
· Working with global team
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide.
At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Platform.
The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing IAAS and SAAS services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud Platform is built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Security and IOT. IBM Cloud platform has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.