We are looking for an experienced AWS Architect, with deep hands-on using AWS services (Compute, Storage, Network, EKS, but not only) and proficient with Infrastructure as a code (primarily Terraform, AWS Cloudformation also useful).
· Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Amazon Web Services challenges.
· Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, sample code, technical and business presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
· Envision solutions using AWS services according to the clients' corporate environment and taking into account the project constraints.
· Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs new and existing configuration management (Terraform) infrastructure as code.
· Develop and test in Terraform various AWS infrastructure services and their integration with tools such as VPN Gateway, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and PowerBI
· Set up and configure SSAS in SQL server, and PowerBI
· Work inside the team and take leadership for tasks related to architecture, design, implementation and documentation of solutions provided for various business requirements.
· Engage in research and development projects in evaluating cloud technologies and tools, implementing proof of concept environments and creating/establishing best practices
· Kubernetes YAML scripting for deploying open source tools such as JupyterHub, MLFlow, Bitbucket etc
· Adopt and follow the Client and IBM Service Management processes
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of experience as a technical specialist working with AWS platform.
· Deep hands-on knowledge and experience implementing end to end cloud application solutions.
· Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning of Infrastructure as a code and configuration management for infrastructure and applications using mainly Terraform - AWS Cloudformation and Ansible knowledge also useful.
· Experience establishing,implementing and delivering using Agile practices.
· Hands-on experience with envisioning,designing,building and managing release systems,code merging and promotion and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Experience managing internal or client-facing projects,troubleshooting clients' technical issues and working with engineering,sales and services teams and customers if needed.
· Very good Linux experience.
· Containerization /Orchestration experience using Docker and Kubernetes as well as good experience with AWS ECS,EKS,Fargate.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional is desired.
Secondary Job Category
Eligible to work in country.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.