· You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to your customers. The Guest Service Officer is responsible to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the Reception within the Rooms Division
· Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Responsible for facilitating efficient communications for both guests and staff both within the hotel and for external communications.
· Confidently operates switchboard consoles, paging system, and associated computer equipment in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Connects local and international calls quickly, courteously and accurately.
· Handles wake-up calls as requested with accuracy, whether they be automatic programmed or personal wake-up calls.
· Acts proficiently in all aspects of emergency procedures. Remains calm, alert, and efficient in the event of a major incident or problem at the hotel and maintains professional discretion.
· Contributes and maintains businesslike working environment ensuring minimal background noise and conversation which could be transmitted through sensitive headsets.
· Provides quality service to guests, staff, and incoming calls and a wide range of information pertaining to the hotel and Activities in and around the island.
· Reports and logs various problems which occur during the shift and passes all relevant information to relieving operator on commencement of duty.
· Accepts and relays messages for guests and hotel personnel.
· Projects the image of courteous, friendly service at all times.
· Answers and connects all incoming calls from both in and out of house.
· Coordinates with Concierge and Front Desk with pending messages, faxes, etc.
· Be fully conversant in all aspects of Food and Beverage outlets in order that all guests' queries can be handled efficiently and courteously.
· Provides general information to guests when necessary.
· Takes accurate messages, morning call requests, reservations and orders for/from guests.
· Ensures that all reservations, orders, requests, etc. are accurately and quickly relayed to the correct department at all times.
· Reports to supervisor and Duty Manager on any guest complaints.
· Updates the white board.
· Reads the logbook, and communicates with colleagues and supervisor.
· Transfers outside calls to either guests, or hotel services/facilities.
· Conducts daily briefing in the absence of AM/Supervisors
Ideal candidate profile
· Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
· Minimum 2 years work experience in hotel operations. Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are a must.
· Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills.
· Good management skills.
· Good English and Vietnamese communication skills
· This position is applicable for Vietnamese only.