Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We're looking for people with personality, drive and ambition to join our team in our Ridgeway Street Branch as a Universal Banker. This exciting role is based in HSBC Branch within our Retail Banking and Wealth Management services. Retail Banking and Wealth Management serve more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures.
The start of your journey in your new role with HSBC will provide you with a 6 week blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of classroom, on-line & practical training.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options; you can progress to management or specialise in other areas such as financial planning and Premier. We also have national and global opportunities in Risk, Marketing, HR, IT and Commercial banking to name a few.
In this role, you will:
· Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Channel Islands and Isle of Man (CIIOM) delivering an exceptional customer experience through identifying and fulfilling all customer needs at first point of contact.
· Demonstrate sound understanding of the bank's products and services; articulating these to your customer in an engaging and confident manner.
· Operate within a customer facing capacity in branch, generating revenue growth by meeting and exceeding customer needs; maximising opportunities across all customer segments.
· Effectively question and listen to your customers to enable you to fully understand both new & existing customer's financial circumstances and needs.
· Proactively drive referrals to both Premier and Wealth colleagues and Branch Specialists to ensure that the customer is provided with the best possible advice.
· Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider branch team.
· Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
· Be proactive in building & developing a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's full range of products & services to enable you to connect your customers with other colleagues who can support their entire life journey.
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Have a passion for continuously delivering a superior customer experience.
· Pride yourself on consistently delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times.
· Previous experience working in a customer focused environment essential
· Previous experience within banking or financial services a bonus but not essential
· Demonstrate strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations with customers & to build strong professional rapport.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.