HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About HSBC Risk
Risk supports HSBC Canada in all aspects of risk management. It manages a varied range of risks, including: security, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market and reputational.
Key Objectives for the Underwriter II:
Underwrites mortgage loans ensuring Company and/or correspondent-originated loans are high quality and conform to investor and secondary market requirements and internal lending policies to protect Company interests.
· Complete basic credit analyses and credit analysis section of underwriting review form to determine loan application approval or denial.
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· This position operates within established procedures for assigned unit. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
· Monitor packages for underwriting requirements and follow-up on pending loan packages. Ensure all information is complete prior to completing file review.
· Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Minimum of two years proven experience in mortgage operations, credit analysis or equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
· Proven mathematical, analytical and communications skills.
· Working knowledge of mortgage credit regulations and guidelines.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make