Designation : Software engineer
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The role of the Manual Test engineer is to participate in testing activies like Test prepration, Test execution, logging defects and verifying fixes provided in GPS team. Prior exerience in Global Payment system (GPS),hands on experience on any bug tracking system like Qulaity center/Jira,basic knowledge of SQL queries, understanding of defect life cycle and good communication are essential for this role.
This role will also require interaction with various teams, timely and quality deliveries of assigned task.Knowledge of any automation tool is preferable.
Candidate will be based on Business Bay, Pune location.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business
· Responsible for the timely delivery of assigned task in line with the project plan and being transparent and accurate in the completion of deliverables.
· Responsible for maintaining the quality of deliverable.
· Ensuring that the delivery of projects into the live system meet the agreed quality expectations, and are compliant with all relevant internal instructions and external regulatory requirements.
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in development, testing and production support
· Zero defect delivery
· Proactiveness to get involved in any pain area and suggest a solution.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Work closely with Leads/SME and stakeholder to understand the project requirement and work on technical delivery.
· Timely communication and delivery of assigned task.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Ensuring that any issues, or risks, highlighted in testing are addressed in an appropriate manner, and are escalated as required.
· No rework on delivered work.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Ensure compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of IT control issues as they arise
· Flexibility to support at odd times of the day for any Project specific requirement
· Complete understanding of IT governance process.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
· GPS is bank's strategic Tier 0 payments processing system, processing over 150,000,000 payments p.a. at value of over $280 Trillion. It's a vendor product customized for bank's requirement catering to HV payment and LV SEPA and G3 initiatives. It's challenging to keep it up and running all the time without impacting any payment transaction.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
Must Have Skillset
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Manual testing in BFSI domain preferably Payments
• Basic knowledge of SQL
• Understanding of STLC and defect lifescycle
• Hands on experience on any bug tracking system like Quality
• Good communication skill
Good to have Skillset
• Exposure to Agile methodology