The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a SVP, Investment .
· Monitor and review investment strategies of all company funds; conduct performance and risk analysis; analyze the impact of investment strategies and investment products on the company's financial and economic positions
· Take an active role to run and maintain a sound investment risk management framework for investment risks. Ensure the risks are appropriately quantified, monitored, and reported with the agreed frame work - including compliance monitoring, establishing timely risk reports.
· Prepare IAP/ due diligence paper on investment products for submission to Group Insurance
· Contribute to global Centres of Excellence on individual asset classes and/or initiatives
· Carry out execution of asset/ derivative purchases via fund managers according to mandates and Global Standard
· Manage and monitor equities, equities options and FX positions
· Support in coordinating Local Investment Committee meetings
· Review, report and monitor investment performance
· Manage relationship with fund managers and internal customers
· Coordinate various reports for management meetings like GIIC, LIC and ALCO
· Share important updates with teammates and stakeholders
· Work with Fund Managers to resolve day to day investment related issues and provide them with feedback
· Nurture junior staff
· Monitor fund performances against benchmarks and attribution analysis
· Proactively question fund manager's performance and monitor improvements where appropriate
· Streamline and oversee the workflow for regular reporting
· Maintain the quality of data and reports
· Ensure proper risk controls are in place
Ideal candidate profile
· Deliver strong quantitative support to the team
· Requires the ability to think analytically and innovatively
· Strong demand on technical competence
· Interaction and ability to resolve issues with internal and external parties
· Willing to learn new skills
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.