HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count.
We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other."
Subdirector HR Payroll
The role holder is key to the execution of the Payroll, Taxes and Accounting services proposition within HR Operations across Mexico legal entities. Responsibility includes the delivery of BAU services, relationship management with key stakeholders, driving cultural change based on an approach of continuous improvement, optimization of the payroll model, risk management via a robust operational control framework and operationalising the payroll strategy and ensure technological implementations as Employee Central Payroll system.
Responsibilities of the role
Manage People to deliver success based on objectives and agreed targets throughout Payroll team.
Develop team members potential and skills using actual systems liaise with attraction and development areas.
Lead Employee Central implementation proyects in HBMX providing all the necessary support and local providing all the necessary support and local criteria's and definition's.
Follow Payroll Incident and Issue management processes based on agreed criteria and timescales, taking into account risks and control framework and achieve zero audit observations.
Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside of the HR function within different forums representing Hr Payroll functions.
Ideal candidate profile
Key activities and decision making areas
Deliver an excellent and consistent customer experience across HBMX payroll
Identify all potential process Changes and oversee processing through the HR Change Control process
Manage efficiently FTE resources according AOP
Guarantee a strong governance to guaranty any changes relate regulations, taxes and laws to consider in the BAU operation
Ensure accomplishment and compliance with local law and regulators to avoid fines and operational loses
Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to payroll process
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
· A graduate or a post graduate in Industrial Engineer or Administration with 5+ years' experience in managing Payroll processes.
· Experience managing Employee Central Payroll System and implementation.
· Strong leadership, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, problem solving, organizational planning and lateral thinking abilities.
· Proven consulting, negotiation and project management skills.
· Ability to interact with all levels of management and knowledge of pertinent regulations affecting HR.
· Ability to develop and maintain rapport across the organization and knowledge of how the unit can provide support to achieve business goals.
· Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
· Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions.
· Proven ability in team leadership, people and resource management.
· Able to assimilate a large amount of information and make effective decisions on a wide range of issues.
· A strong desire to achieve outstanding customer service.