Role Title: Strategic Finance Business Partner
New or Existing Role- Replacement
· HSBC Security Services (HSS) 5-year strategic plan will deliver significant value to their clients across technology, product development and geographic expansion. This position provides an opportunity to shape the financial performance of Strategic initiatives through maximising efficient use of limited capital resources and providing financial insights and impactful reporting.
· Managing and challenging programme financials, tracking revenues, operating costs, investment costs and FTEs for all the programmes / initiatives within the Portfolio
· Budgeting & Forecasting for strategic initiatives within Sector's portfolio
· Being the trusted business partner providing financial control and insights
· Working with Business Partners globally across business and Finance
· As Strategic Finance Business Partner, you will drive strategy of key initiatives:
· Trusted partner to Sector Head and key stakeholders (Programme Team, PMO, Finance, Business Mgt) as well as interfacing with Regional Leads, Strategic Leads, CFO
· Supporting & challenging development of viable business cases as part of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgeting process.
· Deliver accurate & timely reporting including month end
· Conduct month-end reviews with Sectors, Programme Teams & Finance
· Produce Financial Summaries highlighting key messages as well as risks & opportunities for presenting at Sector Meetings
· Facilitate prioritisation of Sector's portfolio, routing changes through governance as required
· Complete Quarterly Financial Forecast with focus on benefit validation and long-term cost / FTE planning as part of 5-year strategic refresh
· Work collaboratively with team to ensure Strategic Finance Business Partnering is consistent across team with standardised forecasting & reporting templates as far as practical.
· Continuously strive to develop and improve key processes by simplifying, integrating, automating where practical
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) preferable with Finance Business Partner experience.
· Capable and motivated to build strong relationships with key stakeholders / clients and keen to develop network / profile within organisation.
· You will be passionate, energetic, confident individual with ability to influence and challenge.
· You will have a high attention to detail and possess an analytical, flexible, pro-active and “can-do” approach with good interpersonal skills. You will be confident in your ability to communicate at all levels within Finance and across other Functions.
· Experience of setting up & defining finance processes an advantage.
· Prior experience in a banking environment would be an advantage, but is not essential
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.