The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
Principal responsibilities/Job Intro/ Role Context/ Detailed Job Description
Detailed Job Description:
· Software testing using various methods and tools
· Establish a mainframe environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
· Create technical test plans and records within automated test environments to ensure code quality
· Quality assurance automation ensuring that the test strategy also take into account the test data, environments for Products/Services
· Compliance with all relevant controls and standards
· Work with Ops and Dev Engineers to ensure operational issues any design related issues are identified during testing, and addressed in a timely manner prior to implementation
· Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps POD
· Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
· Responsible for automating the testing within the DevOps pipeline driving a culture of continuous improvement
· Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
· Mainframe Testing on VSAM/CICS/JCL/COBOL build Applications over Zseries
· Test Automation Tooling Knowledge
· Insurance Domain knowledge
· Nice to have Skills:
· Agile Scrum working knowledge
· Front End based Application Testing knowledge
· Mainframe Development knowledge would be added advantage
Experience – 3 to 6 yrs
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.