Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Markets Sec Services IT - GFX
Role Purpose / Description
-Develop and deliver to production small non breaking iterative change that provides business value.
- Help maintain and improve the stability and reliability of our production environments.
- Work closely with the business in London, Hong Kong, New York and other centres on a day to day basis and co-ordinate with other teams in China to ensure that the business and project needs are met.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps, Microservice, Restful API is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Splunk, Jira/Confluence, Genoes, Maven, Leiningen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill, good at written and spoken English.
- Strong business sense with good understanding in how IT systems impact business objectives, Foreign Exchange business knowledge is a plus.
- Good analytical, design and problem solving skills.
- Able to work at flexible hour for late evening meeting with colleagues in various regions, API deployment & production support.
- Willing to learn/explore various technologies.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.