HSBC is Canada’s leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It’s through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
Senior Premium Banker is responsible for developing and retaining relationships primarily with existing Immerging affluent customers. This will be achieved through the active management of branch portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer’s needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism. The Senior Premium Banker is also responsible for attracting new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering superior standards of service quality. This involves solicitation of customer referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels. An integral part of this role is the identification of opportunities for wealth and credit reviews to optimize portfolio performance to meet the needs of the customer. Well –developed skills to role model the skills of educating customers on alternate ways to bank. The Senior Premium Banker may also support teller transactions and handle cash as required to support customers. The key to success is maintaining operational integrity in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards in compliance.
Knowledge and Experience Required
• The key success to this role is someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC’s values.
• The minimum requirements for this role is the following:
• University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
• 2-3 years of experience in a sales role in the banking industry.
• Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
• Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
• Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
• Advanced communication and customer service skills.
• Knowledgeable about market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
• Well-developed sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills
• Proven and well-developed ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
• Well-developed technical skills in wealth management
• Knowledgeable about mortgage lending process
• Well-developed knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
• Understands / speaks Mandarin is an asset
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future.
We’re doing our part to safeguard our customers and employees health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID 19, including:
· Enhanced daily cleaning to all our branches, with increased attention to high-touch areas
· Personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers provided throughout our branches
· Plexiglass shields at every counter
· Floor markings to help customers keep social distance when lining up
· Adherence to self-isolation requirements per government guidelines
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for support during the selection process.