Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Portfolio Architect to join HSBC Technology.
The Technology Portfolio Architect job is responsible for the architecture and design activities associated with one or more change portfolios.
What you will be doing;
· Accountable for ensuring the products & services are supported by the right architectures and solutions meet the customer needs
· Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities
· Working with Ops Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc) are resolved and that any design related issues are addressed in a timely manner
· Convert requirements into actionable product/service requirements that feed Technology solutions development & influence service direction
· Responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function
Ideal candidate profile
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
· Demonstrable expertise in Portfolio Architecture
· Financial Services experience essential
· Prior experience of delivering complex Operations IT services beneficial
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in presenting to global bodies and business functions
· Experience of working with dispersed teams on a global scale
The location for this role is Park Street, Southwark, London
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.