HSBC Global Services Canada Limited (HGCA), is a subsidiary of HSBC Global Services Limited, owned by HSBC Holdings plc. HSBC Global Services Canada Limited provides operational services to countries across the HSBC Group which is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada.
Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Banking & Markets, IT
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The Global Banking and Markets Technology team is dedicated to supporting Global Banking and Markets by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join Global Banking and Markets Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. The total number of successful production releases surpass some of the biggest blue chip tech companies. Canada is a key location in Global Banking and Markets Technology's global growth strategy and is receiving global attention for its deliveries.
Key Objectives for Murex Functional Analyst:
The Balance Sheet Management IT team deliver strategic and tactical development solutions for the Balance Sheet Management desk in New York, Treasuries in satellite sites locations and business support groups.
The role will be working closely with Balance Sheet Management systems including Murex MX3. Additionally, there are a number of Spring web based applications used by the business that the successful candidate will be required to deliver small fixes and enhancements on. There will also be a degree of involvement with DevOps tooling and a focus on improving production Management Information reporting.
· Working with the Business, IT development and support teams to ensure successful prioritisation of competing business and technical requirements
· Technical and Functional enhancement scoping and requirements gathering
· Translating these requirements into appropriate solutions
· Delivering high quality enhancements and developments for Projects to the systems within demanding timescales
· High degree of organisation and discipline relating to task planning, project governance and source code management
· To ensure consistent architecture and business processes across sites
· Providing advice and support to other members of the XFOS IT team
· Help with Go-Live and training to users and Support
· Delivering bug fixes to production
· Onboarding and improving DevOps capability
· Improving Management Information and production reporting
· Operating as an Office In Charge to the team lead The vast majority of work will cover all lines of support. A key responsibility of this role is to ensure this front line team has all the required knowledge in order to carry out their role through knowledge sharing and transfer sessions
Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Proven technical, support and enhancement experience
· 4 Years Plus financial development experience in a front office environment
· Thorough knowledge of PnL, Risk
· Experience working in a project team
· Experience supporting a Unix environment
· Exceptional understanding of SQL and complex datamodels
· Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
· Production support experience
· Detailed Product Knowledge of Swaps, Bonds, IR Derivatives, Foreign Exchange and MM
· Essentially very strong functional knowledge and a good all-rounder in terms of Murex experience and ability
· Excellent communication, verbal and written
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good documentation skills
· Keen sense of ownership of tasks given as assignments, carried through to resolution and documentation
· Team player, with a proven awareness of the importance of team working in a fast paced highly technical environment
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure without sacrificing accuracy and quality
· The ability to motivate oneself
· Investment Banking IT background, as is experience of working in a front office environment
· Balance Sheet Management past experience would be a plus
· Team Lead experience would be a plus
· Experience of working with onshore and offshore development and testing teams
· Java development
· REST, SOAP APIs
· MVC, MVVM
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.