HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited
Headquartered in Shanghai, HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited is a 50-50 joint venture between HSBC Insurance (Asia) Limited and The National Trust Ltd. with a registered capital of RMB 1025 million. HSBC Life offers a comprehensive range of insurance solutions to our customers covering protection, retirement, children’s education, wealth growth and management, and legacy planning.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
· Coordinate to carry out the Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) exercise triggered by key events or issues, or according to group initiative timeline;
· Lead to perform the back testing, internal /external event trigged risk review, third party risk review to identify potential issue and control weakness;
· Support line of business in review cyber and information technology risk related assessments and analyses (such as third party cyber risk review; system or service business impact analysis; cyber incident case review; cyber and information technology exception case review and etc.)
· Assist to provide guide and oversight the implementation of Non-Financial Risk Management Framework in INSH, including, control testing (including control monitoring, local testing and etc); internal event escalation and reporting; issue and action tracking; high risk action validation and etc.
· Assist Head of Risk and Control to maintain company level BCM framework, Shanghai Home office and branch level BCPs, and Business Continuity Systems.
· Assist Head of Risk and Control in prepare and report Management Information (e.g. RCA status, control monitoring results and etc.) to local and global committees and forums.
· Other ad-hoc tasks assigned by Head of Risk and Control and Chief Control Officer.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
· Educated to undergraduate or post-graduate degree level.
· 10+ years' experiences, with at least 2 years' experience in Technology/Cyber Risk Management, on Operational Risk Management; Consultant or internal audit with life insurance or related financial industry experience is preferable.
· Good understanding and knowledge on Operational Risk and Internal Control principles, with hands-on experiences in implementing control frameworks within complex environments, handling risk and control assessment, control identification, testing design, and risk trends analyzing.
· An expert and extensive level of cyber and information system risk knowledge or general operational risk knowledge in order to be able to face off appropriately to the different risk owners and stewards in China and to external parties.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong ability to drive operational risk within the first line of defense and obtain appropriate management buy-in.
· Good in communication skill and ability to interpret technology risks, controls, and findings to non-tech background people.
· Attention to detail combined with strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results.
· Working across cultures; good at speaking and articulating in both Mandarin and English.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Company relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website./PX
Issued by HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited