Expected Start Date
As soon as possible
Equity Derivatives IT
No of Positions
Detailed Job Description:
Equity team is a global team responsible for the definition and delivery of Equity systems across HSBC.
The Equity IT department is organized by sub asset classes (Derivatives, Cash and Prime) and teams are distributed across the 5 locations (Pune, Paris, Hong-Kong, Guangzhou London and New-York).
As part of HTS GB&M strategy, Equities IT is changing his organizational model to cater to changing business needs.
You will be a part of the equity derivatives development team located in Pune. As a part of the development team of the complex business, you will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the application within equity derivatives space. Along with that you will be leading/working on the strategic developments going on within the team. You will be part of talented software development team and will be instrumental in delivering HSBC's application design, upgrades and additions to EQD IT architecture to comply with business, regulatory and user's requests.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company.
•Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and other stakeholders to maximize ROI and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverables in area of responsibility.
•Work with product owner to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog
•Provide coaching on sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
•Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
•Coach team in estimation techniques
•Ability to shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
•Ability to track and remove impediments for the team
•Develop metrics and reports to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
•Leading and coaching a team in its Agile adoption
•Coach team members to understand Scrum and the Agile Principles
•Influencing change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace
•Agile release planning
•Ensure clear communication and collaboration among the Product Owner and members of the Development team.
Mandatory Skills / Experience:
· 15+ years of relevant Program/Project Management/coaching/transformation experience
· Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing
· Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
· Experience with other Lean/Agile framework and methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently with light supervision
· Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Jira, Confluence etc.
· Experience being an agile coach
· Facilitating in group situations
· Strong consultative approach
· Analytical thinking
· Pays Attention to detail
· Demonstrating a Proactive approach
· Strong customer service skills towards stakeholders and end user groups
· Fluent in English Language.
· Experienced agile coach
· Driving for results: Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals. Confronts and works to resolve tough issues. Exhibits a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to take on significant challenges
· Decision Making: Quickly analyzes complex problems to find actionable, pragmatic solutions. Sees connections in data, events, trends, etc. Consistently works against the right priorities
· Collaborating and Influencing: Collaborates well with others to deliver results. Keeps others informed so there are no unnecessary surprises. Effectively listens to and understands what other people are saying.
· Motivating and Inspiring Others: Demonstrates a sense of passion, enjoyment, and pride about his/her work. Demonstrates a positive attitude in the workplace. Embraces and adapts well to change. Creates a work environment that makes work rewarding and enjoyable.
· Technical knowledge and skills: Project Management awareness of principles, methods, techniques and tools, to be able to provide guidance to an agreed level.
Working Hours: Normally, 9am – 6pm India time. Occasionally it may change depending on the project requirements
Ideal candidate profile