Role Title: Regulatory Reporting Associate
New or Existing Role? New
· The role is to maintain controls for trade and transaction reporting
Impact on Business
· Help create strong control environment where regulatory issues are identified quickly
· Accountable for overseeing and monitoring correct reporting for multiple asset classes
· Manage and develop robust testing environment to evidence complete and accurate reporting.
· Provide informed skill set to deliver change initiatives directly relating to changes in reporting requirements. E.g. EMIR collateral and valuations
· Provide appropriate input in all change initiatives advising on potential impact upon reporting flow.
· Assist in socialising the control framework to Global Markets
· Assist in the Quality Assurance programme and ensure continuity into BAU
· Provide control metrics to stakeholders and be able to respond and act on any potential issues
Customers / Stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork
· An ability to lead meetings and drive through targets is essential, although there will be no direct line reports.
· Help train and develop the newer team members and where appropriate, stakeholders, passing on regulatory reporting knowledge, project skills and understanding of controls.
· Constant drive to improve existing controls and develop new ones in order to promote a strong governance model
· The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate good analytical skills and a solid, logical and structured approach to projects. The ability to make things happen and drive change is vital.
· The implementation of controls within the wider GM control framework and ensure that the controls remain usable and relevant.
· Very professional with good RM & stakeholder skills with the ability to work with people of all levels – communication is obviously a very powerful tool especially when it comes to making projects work across different departments and parts of the business.
· A good, clear understanding of process flows, front to back, and products.
· Demonstrate an ability to work on their own and with out supervision, able to take the initiative and take responsibility but also show a good understanding of team work.
· Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment whilst still being grounded and approachable.
· While the role is within a team, there will be a lot of self motivation and working without direct supervision. There will be occasions when the role holder will need to run meetings and give out action points to people in the meetings.
· The role requires someone who has a good overall understanding of how an Investment Bank works (i.e roles and responsibilities of each function) and be able to tailor communication accordingly.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Knowledge of DFA, EMIR, MIFIR Trade Reporting is an advantage
· At least four years of business experience in Investment Banking Operations, preferably working within the derivatives business.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proactive self-starting individual
· Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
· Strong analytical skills is essential
· Strong control mind-set is essential
· Ability to give presentations would be a benefit
· Project management experience and/or six sigma qualification useful
· Technical / IT understanding of how systems deliver regulatory reports is desirable
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.