Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC's worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC's clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Economist, Investment Strategist .
· Produce communications to our Retail Banking and Wealth Management and institutional clients, the view from HSBC Global Asset Management on market moving events and their implications for wealth portfolios
· Integrate with investment teams across equities, fixed income, multi asset, and contribute to strategy for all these teams
· Liase with Investment professionals on the impacts of market moving events and translate these into client communications
· Participate in investment team meetings giving input from the macro and strategy point of view
· Understand what events mean for our portfolios on the wealth side
· Produce regular communications including, daily weekly and monthly documents, brochures and alerts
· Provide the link through to RBWM, able to articulate events and link back to portfolios
· Able to navigate across time zones
· To maintain a level of analysis that provides genuine insight to the investment teams
· To provide communications that are useful to audiences with a wide range of knowledge and objectives
Ideal candidate profile
· Degree educated in Economics or a related discipline
· Fund Management experience is preferred
· Significant relevant knowledge and experience
· Able to communicate and understand investment professionals and tease out implications on product or strategy, both core and regionalised
· First class written skills
· Respond quickly with the ability to produce written pieces hours after events
· Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
· Able to work with and integrate into wealth and investment platforms
· Active participant in various committees such as wealth, fixed income monthly committee meetings
· Strong people and relationship management skills
Strong analytical skills
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.