HSBC Global Services Canada Limited (HGCA), is a subsidiary of HSBC Global Services Limited, owned by HSBC Holdings plc. HSBC Global Services Canada Limited provides operational services to countries across the HSBC Group which is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada.
Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Banking & Markets, IT
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The Global Banking and Markets Technology team is dedicated to supporting Global Banking and Markets by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join Global Banking and Markets Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. The total number of successful production releases surpass some of the biggest blue chip tech companies. Canada is a key location in Global Banking and Markets Technology's global growth strategy and is receiving global attention for its deliveries.
Key Objectives for DevOps Engineer :
Provide technical and operational support to HSBC's collateral managements systems. Possess extensive and specialized technical knowledge in Collateral management under Investment Banking area, which include application support and development, business analysis, research and development, and systems integration for business systems.
Collateral specific tasks
· Monitoring Collateral applications health.
· Production Support for Collateral and Valuations system.
· Liaise with various infrastructure support teams like DBA and UNIX teams in case of application performance issues.
· Collateral System technical knowledge like -
· Oracle SQL/PL SQL
· Unix Shell Scripting
Escalation and Communication
· Act as escalation point from support to Development team
· Subject Matter Expert for service communication to users/business.
· Escalate issues to management where appropriate.
Resolving and Recovering
· Initiate crisis call for major or important incidents.
· Working to resolve problems and incidents of varying complexity to enable the operation to continue to run and deliver service effectively by eradicating recurrences with minimum disruption to the business.
Incident and Problem Management
· Participate in Major Incident Reviews and Service Improvement Programs as required.
· Locate root cause of the incidents, review and assess if problem management required, and update incident/problem tickets.
· Work with Problem Management team to proactively avoid incidents.
· Discuss with L3 for fixes, and coordinate releases.
Change and Release Management
· Provide application support to end users, consulting with user groups to determine operations support needs and to ensure smooth implementations.
· Review and approve nCOMS changes.
· Manage releases and ensure successful execution by working closely with the development team.
· Ensure that processes are being adhered to by the change raisers and service agreement managers.
· For new solutions review achievable migration plans, taking due consideration of existing service requirements.
· Be the first level of defense for any changes with potential risks.
· Control concurrent projects and assist in the management of work load that varies in scale and complexity to meet changing objectives.
· Ensure proper knowledge management happens.
· Review knowledge gap and address it.
· Update knowledge base at problem management and change requests.
· Responsible for “shift left” – ie automating and scripting work and handing it over to regional teams for more value add work.
· Coordinate DR tests
· Report service target breach and monitor service metrics, report and initiate corrective actions
· Identify threats and vulnerabilities and risks, categorize, estimate probability and escalate
· Contribute ideas on more efficient business-IT operations, turn ideas into actions / plans
· UAT testing and sign-off of all support related items that will be deployed in production.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Oracle PL%5CSQL
· Unix Shell Scripting
· Java Optional Skills:
· Tortoise SVN
· 1 – 2 years
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make