“HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count.”
“We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.”
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other"
Is responsible for delivering operational solutions and resolving issues, incidents and outages. They are responsible for ongoing infrastructure engineering to ensure that solutions can operate efficiently for a Technology product or service.
To gather and analyze business requirements and present effective solutions to allow for an informed decision on how to proceed. To assist the business and operations teams with the implementation of new system functionality across the regions. To plan, coordinate and execute User Acceptance Testing ensuring that business requirements are met and system integrity is maintained. Assist with the development of training documentation and delivery plans to enable the business to provide end users with necessary information. To support the global business users and operations teams with issues and questions. To support global systems teams with standardized configuration processes, administrative documentation and system expertise.
• Ensure the operational stability, integrity, and availability of products & services supported by the team
• Ensure compliance with relevant Service Management Standards, and high data quality exists in Service Management systems of record – and compliance with all additional controls and standards where relevant
• Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
• Deliver engineering changes to infrastructure with the customer/user experience as a key objective.
• Drive levels of automation, continuous integration, and high levels of availability through system monitoring and maintenance
• Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
Impact on the Business / Function
• Implementation of application software to meet current Procurement requirements and to meet the strategic direction of the Procurement function.
• System support and knowledge, resolving issues and coordinating communication
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of systems supported; providing guidance in the use of technology to meet short and long term requirements.
Customers / Stakeholders
• Build strong partnerships with global partners to add value, extend the traditional model of services and ensure business and regulatory needs are met.
• Serve as technical liaison to global teams and drive implementations.
• Ensure projects and operating environments address requirements, conform to specifications are secure and meet quality, time, and budget objectives.
Rate with peers during implementation, ensure deliverables achieve user requirements, comply with technical standards and introduce quality solutions.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Administer policies, procedures and standards within assigned area.
• Assure compliance with Corporate and Group objectives, standards, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, technical architecture, and business objectives.
• Provide applications support.
• Oversee all technology aspects for systems implementations
• Keep up to date with new and required system functionality across the Group.
• Deliver new system functionality in the timescales required
• Identify and drive change.
Ideal candidate profile
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Advance English communication skills, to negotiate and drive meetings
• University graduate in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experienced in Supply Systems, Customer support and Process analysis
• Strong Project Management, planning and organisation skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with global teams
• Specific business analysis skills including requirements gathering, definition, data analysis, process definition and procedures documentation
• Understanding of systems design and architecture is preferable