The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Development Engineer.
· Design and develop IT solutions according to HSBC standards and best practices, e.g. DDD (Design Driven Decision) and ACF (Agile Control Framework).
· Setting up tools required to spin up cloud infrastructure (AWS / GCP)
· Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools e,g. Jenkins, Teraforms
· Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
· Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
· Provide technical consultant and guidance to junior teammates to support their project deliverables.
· Support quality review and quality assurance for other teammate’s deliverables.
· Prepare documentation and provide support on compliance and audit checking.
· Support end to end systems integration, conduct system tests and provide support for system integration test and user acceptance tests.
· Conduct system upgrade and new releases and provide ongoing support for products.
· Coordination and communication within the teams and stakeholders
· Work closely with project partner to analyze business requirements and propose viable technical solutions.
· Experience working on cloud based infrastructure – AWS / GCP
· Excellent understanding of Ruby , Python , Perl, and Java
· Configuration and managing databases such as Oracle, Cloud DB like Aurora, Mongo
· Excellent troubleshooting
· Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
· Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.