HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market. For almost 40 years, our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Content Author:
As an AEM Content Author, you'll be a member of the Content Studio team, within the Digital as a Channel (DaaC Operations team, working with the Content Producer, designers, developers, copywriters, optimization experts, and business leads, to define, plan, and author consumer centric digital experiences. Extreme attention to detail and an eye for design is a must
Day to day, your role will include:
· Translating design into components based pages
· Adding and publishing copy updates
· Implementing the day-to-day updates across a multi-site ecosystem
· Planning page structures and working cross functionally to agree upon project
approaches, scope and timelines.
· Working with the development team to test and troubleshoot site functionality
· Working with the Quality Assurance team to test and troubleshoot issues
· Working with local country contacts to make updates across localized sites
· Optimizing pages based on analytics and user testing
· Resizing and exporting graphics
· Working on self-guided projects within a fast-paced environment
· Contributing to the constant evolution of HSBC's digital properties and processes by providing feedback on tool sets, UI, best practices, and workflow optimization
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Professional diploma or equivalent experience.
· A sense of humor, strong interpersonal skills and desire to contribute to a fun, positive work environment
· The desire to learn what you don't already know; solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Strong customer first ethic and ability to work well in a team setting within a corporate culture
· Strong grammar and spelling skills (for written English)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Extreme attention to detail
· Familiarity with responsive design principles and frameworks
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Desire to organize, develop, and improve processes
· Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility to move forward even when not all of the details for a project are provided up front
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
· Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager or other Content Management Systems and capabilities and automated translation platforms.
· Previous experience in a translation or localisation environment Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working on web production teams
· Familiarity with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0 is a MUST
· Experience with localization and managing content for a global audience using a CMS (preferably Adobe Experience Manager)
· Fluency in Canadian French and/or Chinese a plus.
· Knowledge of digital ‘best practice' including SEO, writing for web, optimization and accessibility
· Experience delivering localized digital content across multiple platforms, especially mobile
· A working understanding of web technology tools such as XML, HTML, Photoshop, and varying digital asset types
· Localization budget and vendor management experience is an advantage
· Demonstrated success in delivering multiple content –related projects, priorities and vendors concurrently.
· Strong analytical, and planning skills and the ability to work with multiple teams.
· Good understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice and in particular Agile
· Subject Matter Expertise of digital content and distribution
· Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
· Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
· Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, e.g. commercials, risk, customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed.
· Strong relationship management and influencing skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
· Strong understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success
· Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LATAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe) .
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.