Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Global Service Delivery
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
· This role exists to analyst and coordinate all business related project delivery tasks required for the implementation of a suite of solutions across our HSS Custody , Sub Custody, Transfer Agency and Fund Administration services, in accordance with Business Requirements
· This BA role will work as part of a project team to achieve the successful implementation of projects of HSS proposition within adherence to quality, cost, and resource and time-scale milestones. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that the expected benefits, particularly business benefits, are achieved and that the supporting business operating model is successfully established. These are complex projects that will require the incumbent to work very closely with HSS Product, project managers, IT, business service delivery and a matrix of SME's.
· Analysis and creation of business requirements for the creation of an effective, capable and suitable processing platform
· Liaising with product managers to define the future strategy of target product services within HSS
· Delivering training to business users and assisting with the creation of business procedures
· Execute Functional testing and support SIT and UAT
· Communicating and reporting effectively with all stakeholders, users and team members, providing regular reassurance regarding progress
· Taking accountability for both raising and resolving implementation risks and issues
· Agreeing prioritization of Business Requirements both function and non-functional
· Applying process knowledge and analytical skills to the resolution and proposal of future state processes
· Creating test and migration plans as well as orchestrating and executing these plans in conjunction with IT and users
· Undertake business analyst tasks as part of the project lifecycle including the development of process maps, business requirement documents, functional specifications, test and business migration plans
· Ownership for the creation and maintenance of overall current state and future state process flows and operating models
· Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
· Adhere to Best Practice project principles in line with Business Transformation Framework
· Undertake implementation forward planning in association with business users, project manager and IT
· Proactive engagement in the development/execution of detailed delivery plans produced
· Deliver and agree with business stakeholders the design of new processes/rules and make optimal use of the technology being used
· Develop a good working relationship with users, team members and IT resources
· Remain abreast of all relevant industry initiatives/developments in the specified product area and to consider these initiatives as part of any change management programmers/projects
· Use market knowledge to question the effectiveness of existing work practices and vendor solution design and put forward recommendations for improvement
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Provide value added advice for services and implement the delivery of it
· Identify the issues and recommend and implement measures to ensure non recurrence
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Closely communicate with BPs for the projects / support /staff issue in periodical update meeting.
· Supporting single product and multiple sub product, multiple region, multiple jurisdiction as follows:
Focus on global jurisdictions with HK as a hub
Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Raise issues and opportunities to drive the organization for excellent
· Propose recommendation and seek supporters
· Implement the solution
· Provide training and assist staff to develop within organization
Operational Effectiveness & Control [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· To manage operational risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting. Reference should be made to the framework set out in Section 4 of the Group Operations FIM when incorporating this requirement within job descriptions and employee handbooks.
· Identify compliance requirements
· Implement risk management policies and controls in the relevant processes
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in computer science, financial, accounting or related discipline
· 2+ years experiences in fund or accounting industry with demonstrated interest in application changes and support (BA role can accept fresh graduates)
· Excellent problem solving skills, ability to find logical solutions to problems and customer focus
· Product awareness of the Securities Services industry, especially Global & Sub-Custody and Fund Administration would be a plus
· Experience in IT project management role would be a plus
· Security market/Corporate Action/Custody fee /Tax and Regulatory changes projects experience would be a plus
· Particular experience of Trade/Instruction Capture (Direct Entry & File Upload) functions, as well as Fund of Hedge Fund, Investment Accounting and Performance data models and services would be an advantage.
· Evidence of excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skill and negotiation skill to deal with customers/project stakeholders
· Eager to learn and strive for continuous improvement. Analytical to enhance system and procedures
· Able to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines within a changing work environment
· Analytical to enhance system and procedures
· Willing to change
· High integrity and professionalism
· Assertive, with a positive attitude and an open mind
· Willingness to learn new system, business processes and product knowledge
· Multi-tasking with ability to independently prioritize workload without impacting the deliverables. Highly organized.
· Demonstrate the level of commitment and the time management skills necessary to achieve deadlines and should be continuously improving development process and procedures
· Fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English
Additional Information / Specific Skills (If Any): Desired (Non Mandatory) Skills
· Knowledge / Exposure to production support and service request management
· Complete understanding of Trade Life Cycle would be an advantage
· Knowledge of Institutional funds and financial instruments
· Good Knowledge and understanding of MultiFonds, IMS and PRS platforms
· Have good knowledge and understanding of GAV and NAV accounting process
· Have good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
· Knowledge of fund migration process and ability to contribute to a successful business implementation process in on boarding of new funds
· Basic knowledge in custody, brokerage, depository, investment accounting, mutual funds and ETF with position in customer services are definitely an advantage
· Microsoft Office programming and automation (VBA in MS Access and MS Excel) would be an added advantage
You'll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***