Azure Cloud Solutions Architect (0000EFER)
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking an Azure Cloud Solutions Architect to join HSBC Technology.
You will work within the Azure Cloud Services team and will own the Azure infrastructure technical customer engagements providing subject matter expertise including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
What you will be doing;
· Understand customers' overall functional and non-functional requirements, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation
· Architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
· Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernisation roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Container based solutions, Security, Management, Storage, Networking)
· Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within the company to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
· Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Azure Engineering team to remove key blockers
· Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
· Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
· Ensure all relevant architecture governance, policy, and standards are met
· Develop and promote the reuse of patterns
· Assist the Operations team with any high priority technical incidents
· Maintain and manage all customer facing information and knowledge bases for Platform Architecture, Solution Design and key design decisions
· Provide Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement
· Gather requirements and provide continuous feedback loops between customer and Engineering teams
Ideal candidate profile
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
· Experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior stakeholders, project and programme managers and DevOps teams to deliver secure and compliant cloud infrastructure solutions
· Experience and understanding of large scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
· success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
· Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company with exposure working within/for Financial Services
· Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing techniques and tools with knowledge/awareness of TerraForm
· An understanding of Identity and Access management principles and tools
· An understanding of role based access controls and organisational hierarchies
· Experience in working in a global cross functional service management team
· Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security, risk and regulatory standards
· Technical knowledge and breadth of Azure technology services (Identity, Networking, Compute, Storage, Web, Mobile, Containers, Databases, Analytics, AI & Machine learning)
· Experience operating in highly regulated industry, e.g. Financial Services
This role will primarily be based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf but some travel may be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website