Technical Support Engineer-Storage
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the world’s iconic tech companies, creating new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments, and society.
We provide solutions which enable companies to mobilize their business; mine all their data for insights, on an open, agile cloud; all this securely. We aim at making the complex, simple. Bridging the old and the new. And we do that by harnessing big data, security, mobility, and cloud. We are the only company with the breadth and depth of innovative products and services to provide complete end-to-end solutions in big data, cloud, mobility, and security, not just a disparate set of IT components.
We focus on delivering speed, simplicity, efficiency, and agility so that customers can realize their preferred business outcomes across architectures and in ways that suit their engineering requirements and budgets
And this is who we are and why HPE exists – to enable enterprises to accelerate innovation and time to value with the new apps and data, as well as to help you to optimize your current environments by:
1. Making hybrid IT simple – to power your right mix to accelerate innovations for your unique enterprise
2. Powering the Intelligent Edge – to create the next gen of digital experiences and services
3. Providing the expertise to make it happen – to advise, integration and accelerate the outcomes for your enterprise
Job Description :
We are looking for Technical Support Engineer (Storage), who will be an energetic team player with excellent customer relationship skills and the ability to maturely and professionally manage and triage customer service issues and escalations. He/she will contribute to efficiency improvements from reducing customer issues to increasing team productivity through product changes and knowledge creation. This includes also effectively and efficiently handle all levels of technical support calls from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem solving skills.Independently diagnosing and resolving networking and performance problems with storage server environments
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelor's degree
· Typically 5 years of technical support work experience
Knowledge and Skills :
· 5 years' experience providing technical support to end user customers for storage related products including advanced administration issues such as snapshots and replication
· Outstanding problem solving skills with good technical knowledge of storage systems and TCP/IP & Inter-Networking in a Linux and or Windows environment
· Should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues
· Experience with applications like Oracle, Exchange, SQL Server Veam, Backup Exec, and Commvault
· Experience with VMWare, Cisco UCS, ISCSI, Xenserver, HyperV, Open Stack and Fibre Channel
· Ability to read backtraces and isolate potential problem areas at varying levels of depth and complexity
· Scripting / Programming knowledge (with a focus on support automation) and time-saving utilities
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.