Technical Solutions Engineer, SW-Defined Infrastructure
HPE Pointnext Customer Solution Center is currently looking for highly qualified and motivated candidates for a role as a Support Engineer for Software Defined Infrastructure in Alpharetta, GA. No relocation assistance available.
HPE Pointnext Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) technical service and support; customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. These highly skilled technical teams focus on solving issues with various business systems and applications for customers, onsite engineering personnel, and Authorized Service Providers on specialized and complex systems.
In this role, you will:
· successfully resolve technical issues from incoming internal or external businesses, end-user contacts, and proactive notification systems
· respond to service, product, technical, and customer-relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement
· proactively assist internal or external businesses and end-users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence
· act as a mentor and guide to other, less experienced employees
· provide direction and guidance to process improvements
· recommend, articulate clearly, and explain resolutions to clients
· understand and utilize ITIL
· Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Superior customer service skills
· Phone and remote support experience
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
· Advanced knowledge of enterprise compute, storage and SAN, layer 2/3 networking
· Red Hat and SUSE Linux
· VMware VSphere, ESXi
· PowerShell scripting, Rest API, Curl, Python
· Advanced troubleshooting skills in complex environments
· Proficiency with case management databases and tools
· Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
· Ability to train and mentor less experienced members of the team
· Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers
· Ability to lead technical action plans
· Lead or provide expertise to teams and projects
· Highly developed knowledge of more complex solutions
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred
· 5+ years’ experience in enterprise hardware and software technologies
· Without a Bachelor’s or higher level degree, an additional 2 years relevant experience, for a total of 7+ years
· CCNA certification a plus
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.