Storage R&D Engineer
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Typical day as a Storage R&D Engineer: NVMe drive research and development engineer for server class storage. Supports drive R&D engineering in the evaluation, testing, and assessing new Hard Disk Drives and Solid State Drives for Proliant Servers. Individual contributor in an industry leading engineering R&D team. Evaluates drive designs, specifications, and test results. Develops drive technology and product sourcing strategies. Guides suppliers and industry in a direction in the best interests of our customers and HPE business objectives.
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
· 6+ years’ experience in server or storage related industry.
Experience and Skills
· Working knowledge of Solid State Drives PCIe interface
· Experience with Windows server operating systems. Linux a plus.
· Experience configuring computer systems and installing OS’s
· Effective troubleshooting skills
· Must have very good verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to work well with other people in a team environment
· Must have Microsoft office skills
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.