Are you the type of person who is excited about how to push programming languages to their limits on Supercomputers? Does diving into the details of compilers seem like a day well spent? Is parallel programming an area of passion and interest? The Chapel programming language is looking for talented individuals who find these type of topics what they’d want to direct their professional energy towards. We are looking for the right person who would be interested in contributing to a modern parallel language by enhancing the build, test, and release processes. The idea candidate needs to have had experience with the software development process, build automation and tooling, test development, and understand the fundamentals of software releases. The Chapel language is pushing the boundary of what modern parallel programming looks like, and we want you to join us if this is an area that excites you as well!
How You'll Make Your Mark:
· Develops features and functionality of the Chapel build, test, and release process
· Enhance automated build processes
· Develop and maintain robust software tests and processes
· Participate in bi-weekly development ceremonies that follow the agile methodology
· Provides tangible feedback to improve product quality through automated feature and performance testing.
· Helps drive innovation and integration of new programming techniques and methodologies into Chapel language.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Experience in compiler development or equivalent combination of education and experience, particularly with regards to compiler optimization.
· Experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
· Background in high performance computing architectures, including multiprocessing and vectorization, is desired.
· Experience with the LLVM ecosystem is desired.
· Proficiency writing in C++ and C
How You'll Grow:
· Work with the top scientist and engineers in the world to advance human knowledge around astrophysics, computational biology, weather and more.
· A Cutting Edge culture that allows assess to high level super computers.
· Work on new ground floor greenfield GPU projects and initiatives.
· A true work-life balance.
What We Can Offer You:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.