Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs Cray Programming Environment software.
· Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for performance monitoring software, focusing initially on network performance monitoring from the user application perspective
· Study performance critical attributes of Cray custom network architecture and work with team to define set relevant metrics to measure to highlight actionable network-related application performance bottlenecks
· Add infrastructure to collect, aggregate, and present data and observations from large-scale HPC applications into tool infrastructure
· Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned project; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into the tool architecture.
· Collaborates and communicates with management and development team regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field. Advanced degrees are welcome
· Industry experience in high-bandwidth, low-latency network performance analysis is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
· Programming proficiency in C or C++, and scripting languages (Bash, Python)
· Proficiency with Linux or Unix software environments
· Experience with HPC applications and their programming models/languages, including distributed memory MPI and shared memory OpenMP is a plus
· Experience working with multi-processing and multi-threaded programs
· Network architecture experience is a plus
· Must be able to work independently on projects as well as work in a cooperative development environment
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced challenging environment
· Keen analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.