Scale and Performance Engineer - Rosetta
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
· Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
· Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
· Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Proven track record of delivering network technology to market – including open source, commercial innovation and high-quality development
· Experience driving and guiding SDN technology
· Thought leadership in NIC development, Smart NICs, NIC offload, and NIC capabilities
· 8+ years’ overall product development experience
· Ability to work in a variety of languages such as Go, C, C++, Java, and Python on Linux
· 5+ years designing, and developing network software
· Providing expertise and leadership in cloud, distributed systems and security arenas
· Experience solving scale, resilience, and performance issues across the data and control-plane in production network software and architectures
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
· Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
· Application Network libraries: MPI, LibFabric, sockets, etc.
· Network protocols: InfiniBand, Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP/IP, VLAN, etc.
· Troubleshooting skills from Layer 2 to Layer 7
Agile, Scrum experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Expertise in multiple software systems design tools and languages.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels..
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.