Pointnext Services Global Lab Software Engineer -I
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE Pointnext Services. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Software Engineer to join us! In this amazing role, you will be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of engineering products in Global labs of HPE. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our Global Lab. You will evaluate, design, and define coding, programming, integration and testing activities based on objectives and established project guidelines, collaborating with product management to understand and finalize requirements. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
· Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Software applications testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and automated tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 3-5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Working experience in DevOPS/Agile methodology.
· Working experience in version control tools such as GIT and TFS.
· Familiarity with code smith code generator application would be an added advantage.
· Familiarity with Test complete tool - automated testing tool would be an added advantage.
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
· Skill for writing reusable libraries
· Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
· Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application from scratch.
· Basic understanding of AI/ML concepts would be an added advantage.
· Minimum 1 to 4 years of hands-on development experience with any one or two of the following technologies:
· ASP.NET framework
· .NET Core 2.0 and above
· HTML5 and CSS3
· Angular 5 and above
· SQL server 2012 and above.
· PowerShell scripting
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.