Partner Sales Representative
Serves as an HPE Sales Representative dedicated to one of HPE’s largest partners in the region and develops a mutually beneficial relationship in alignment with HPE business priorities. Drives end-to-end revenue, HPE profitability, and pipeline through joint business plans and data-driven sales efforts focused largely on the SMB market. Develops knowledge of Partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology to differentiate HPE from competitors. Acts as a field representative for the partner to drive increased value to HPE for pipeline and revenue/profit growth while leveraging the collective strength of the partner. These jobs focus on selling to customers through the Partner as an extension of HPE's salesforce, typically through work that occurs outside HPE offices.
· Provides resources and guidance to the Partner on where to play within emerging trends in Partner's ecosystem in alignment with HPE business priorities. Works with the Partner to create a mutually beneficial plan to drive sales in SMB segment.
· Drives end-to end HPE revenue, profitability, and pipeline by implementing joint business plans and data-driven sales efforts with the Partner focused in SMB market
· Develops basic knowledge of partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology and communicates value of the portfolios and solutions to better differentiate HPE from competitors.
· Assists PBM in coordinative HPE activities with the Partner, leveraging HPE specialists when needed, including sales cadence, education, marketing, executive briefings, proactive forecasting, business planning, and client engagements.
· Enacts day-to-day HPE strategy, programs, and systems with and on behalf of the Partner to assure accelerated financial outcomes and build partner loyalty to HPE.
· Tailors selling solutions to fit the needs of the partner's customer profile including HPE products, services and technology alliances to achieve assigned quota.
· Will spend time monitoring Partner sales floor to help develop pipeline.
· Works to ensure that partners are aware of, and compliant with, HPE's SBC requirements for Partners, including applicable legal obligations.
Education and Experience
· University or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
· Typically 1-5 years of selling experience.
· Experience developing positive relationships and solving customer problems.
Knowledge and Skills
· Communication: Professional, clear, and effective verbal and written communication in English, French is a plus.
· Technology Acumen: Basic awareness of current technology trends and related HPE strategy and ability to articulate same to Partner.
· Sales Acumen: Able to influence the partner to take actions that create increased value to HPE. Effectively exercises selling skills such as identifying potential opportunities, utilizing appropriate sales platforms and resources, and formulating and proposing solutions with the goal of expanding HPE's business. Acts with a sense of urgency to build strong customer relationships and drive solutions for the partner.
· Account Management: Basic understanding of business and financial fundamentals to develop strategic plans with the partner that are aligned to customer and HPE strategies, creating increased business opportunities and value for HPE.
· Portfolio Knowledge: Basic understanding of HPE products and how they can deliver value to customers in contrast to HPE's competitors. Ability to select the best product for the customer's needs, maximizing value for both the customer and HPE.
· Partner Industry Acumen: Basic understanding of Partner industry, trends, competitors, and the channel.
· Partnering Acumen: Builds understanding of and relationships with partner and internal community among all types and levels of the business, integrating sales engagement efforts. Basic understanding of the Partner's relationships and needs.
· Financial Acumen: Basic understanding of financial accounting concepts such as income statements, balance sheets, revenue projections, etc. to assess customer financial health, identify potential risks, and position value propositions of HPE solutions.
· Sales Forecasting: Ability to look forward and anticipate partner needs, proactively forecasting sales quota and effectively bridging sales gaps.
· Time Management: Ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
· Creativity and Entrepreneurship: Ability to innovate, think beyond proscribed solutions, and take proactive steps to advance HPE sales efforts.
· Primary focus for partner sales on SMB segment.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.