Operations Product Technician
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Would you like to be part of a company that is transforming how our customers live and work? Part of a company that has record employee engagement and a company that is committed to social and environmental sustainability? Want to be part of something great, sound like you?
Then we have the right opportunity— our HPEFS Lifecycle Services Delivery Operation, located in Andover Massachusetts, is at the heart of HPE’s market-leading Circular Economy strategy. We have over 20 years’ experience in the sustainable management of IT assets. Our facility is designed to refurbish and remarket preowned assets where possible or ethically recycle if no longer usable. The variety of assets is staggering, from 20-year-old legacy to current generation HPE Products and Solutions. The successful candidate will form part of a compact, agile and adaptive technical team. The diversity of the role requires an experienced, creative and self-motivated individual who would enjoy the daily challenge of a fluid environment filled with technology and its associated challenges.
How you’ll make your mark
· Support the business in its strategic outcomes in terms of revenue generation, growth and sustainability
· Provide technical support for sales pursuit activities on low to medium complexity remanufactured legacy HPE IT Products and Solutions
· Support the lifecycle of customer issues using both direct and in-direct customer engagement. Using all standard communication mediums (verbal and non-verbal)
· Execute key processes such as hardware integration and functional test for assigned product sets
· Ensure that order processing meets or exceeds agreed performance levels
· Ensures operational efficiency within business processes whilst maintaining the highest level of quality
· Accurately maintain business records For assigned responsibilities ensure that documentation supports and maintains business required accreditations
· A commitment to continuous professional development and participation in the appropriate HPE internal accreditation programs
· Support technical issues raised by internal partners
· Provides escalation support to the business operation
· Participate in the retest and analysis of customer returns
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience
· Industry recognised certifications an advantage
· Relevant industry experience working within a service or production environment in a technical capacity
· Strong experience with Industry Standard or Business Critical Servers, HPE Products and Solutions preferable
· Experience of any of the following operating environments – Linux, HP-UX or OpenVMS
· Scripting ability to aid task simplification and automation
· General understanding of related industry technologies
· Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to effectively communicate challenges, statuses, analysis results, and appropriate solutions
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.