Operations Product Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Would you like to be part of a company that is transforming how our customers live and work? Part of a company that has record employee engagement and a company that is committed to social and environmental sustainability? Want to be part of something great, sound like you?
Then we have the right opportunity— our HPEFS Lifecycle Services Delivery Operation, located in Andover Massachusetts, is at the heart of HPE’s market-leading Circular Economy strategy. We have over 20 years’ experience in the sustainable management of IT assets. Our facility is designed to refurbish and remarket preowned assets where possible or ethically recycle if no longer usable. The variety of assets is staggering, from 20-year-old legacy to current generation HPE Products and Solutions. The successful candidate will form part of a compact, agile and adaptive engineering team working within the operation. The diversity of the role requires an experienced, creative and self-motivated individual who would enjoy the daily challenge of a fluid environment filled with technology and its associated challenges.
How you’ll make your mark :
· Support the business in its strategic outcomes in terms of revenue generation, growth and sustainability
· Provide technical support for sales pursuit activities on medium to complex legacy technologies
· Participate in new business enablement projects as the technical lead
· Support the resolution of customer issues developing strategies to mitigate immediate and long-term impacts
· Escalate and liaise with Corporate engineering on issues affecting customer outcomes
· Participate in the development and maintenance of sanitization and testing strategies
· Support the introduction and lifecycle of assigned product sets
· Pursue an automation agenda to improve efficiencies of internal and external partners
· Through data analysis monitor, evaluate and report key operational areas
· For assigned responsibilities ensure that the documentation maintains business required accreditations
· You will be committed to continuous professional development and participation in appropriate HPE internal accreditation programs
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience
· Industry recognized certifications an advantage
· Strong understanding of HPE IT Products and Solutions, with an emphasis on legacy
· Preferable operating system experience with Linux, HP-UX or OpenVMS
· General-purpose programming language skills such as Perl or Python
· Relevant industry experience working within a service or production environment in a technical capacity
· General understanding of related industry technologies
· Knowledge of common industry data sanitization techniques and applicable standards
· Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to effectively communicate challenges, statuses, analysis results, and appropriate solutions
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.