Network Development Engineer
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s. You bring knowledge and expertise in high performance computing, cloud computing or related technical fields, strong communication and collaboration skills, and you always conduct yourself with the highest professionalism and integrity. You have strong technical and leadership skills with a passion for computer technology.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
· Primary liaison between HPE vendors support team
· Work with vendors' support team to resolve issues found during product development
· Work as part of team to develop the kernel networking stack for our next generation systems
· Contribute to requirements gathering, design discussions, and other development activities
· Work with development, build, test and CI groups to integrate software into our test and release process
· Work as part of the engineering team to support the software stack
· Integration with Cray systems management framework and potentially 3rd-party software
· Develop/implement per requirements with high-performance and scalability as the primary considerations
· Participate in design with team leads, when needed
· Develop domain expertise, work cross-functionally
Key Qualifications include:
· BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in networking software
· Understanding of High Performance Computing architectures, RDMA networking and the HPC industry a plus
· Experience with Ethernet/IP networking
· Experience with the OpenFabric Interfaces working group and APIs highly desirable
· Experience working with High Performance Computing communication software such as MPI and SHMEM a plus
· Experience in systems performance analysis and tuning is a plus
· Experience in working with customers
· Knowledge of operating system architecture, networking and/or file systems is a plus.
· Ability to work well in a cooperative development team with a commitment to sound software engineering principles.
· Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
· Ability to research new and emerging technologies
· Good written and verbal communications skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.