Master Software Development Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Master Software Development Engineer within HPE Hybrid IT to join us!
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Lead and drive architecture to create and deliver programmable, full stack software and Container infrastructure, working with the engineering team, HPE partners and cross-functional groups.
Be a hands-on engineer; ensure software built is well designed, high quality that delights customers.
Work with customers, fellow principal engineers, architects, product management, etc. to articulate and shape the technical roadmap, drive bold product directions, and seek out innovative opportunities that have high impact in a fast-moving market
Mentor and develop engineers to build a strong engineering bench. Promote a culture of innovation, pride, performance, and disciplined execution.
Work effectively and lead a geographically distributed team.
· Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
Seasoned engineer with minimum of 15+ years engineering experience with a strong track record of developing and delivering complex, distributed, enterprise class software, and create successful business outcomes
Knowledge and Skills:
Engineering experience building distributed systems, infrastructure software or system-level software
A highly driven leader that is known to deliver in high growth and highly dynamic environments.
Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Server, storage, Containers, management system-level software, cloud services, SaaS,
· Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
· Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
· Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of software design.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.