Hewlett Packard Labs - Research Associate - Hardware acceleration of machine learning applications with hybrid memristor/CMOS technology (Intern)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Systems Architecture Lab has an opening for a Research Associate (Intern) with a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, materials science, or related fields. The researcher will investigate systems, devices, and algorithms for mixed analog-digital computing engines in applications in machine learning, neuromorphic computing, computationally-intractable optimization problems, and signal processing. The candidate will be able to participate in a team environment to experimentally operate, design, and simulate novel modes of computation using existing hardware platforms of hybrid CMOS/memristor circuits. The candidate will also contribute to expanding this platform for novel applications.
Qualifications and educational requirement:
· Currently or recently enrolled in a PhD program in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or related areas.
· Skills of interest include algorithms in machine learning, systems architecture and benchmarking, device and spice modeling, python and microcontroller programming, and CMOS design.
· The candidate needs to be highly motivated to tackle practical problems in daily research and deliver high quality results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required for technical reporting.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.