Federal Solution Architect
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
As a Solution Architect in our Advanced Program Group Presales organization, you will have the ability to change the world. Working directly with HPE peers, sales representatives, partners, and customers, you will be able to design HPE technology-based solutions that include servers, networking, storage, software, and virtualization products to the most interesting and vexing mission challenges today. You will become the face of HPE’s technical sales team to our valued customers. Our Solution Architects work directly with HPE’s sales representatives providing technical expertise, solution advice, proposal creation, presentation delivery and other fun and exciting customer related communications.
This Solution Architect role supports customers in the IC primarily in the Denver area and requires a current TS/SCI with Poly in order to understand customer requirements, design, configure, and articulate how our HPE solution solves their mission needs. You will be joining a premier team with a unique combination of technical sales skills as well as deep server and storage and related software expertise.
You will be expected to maintain overall industry knowledge along with deep core technical expertise in addition to being an industry expert in emerging areas of interest to our customers such as AI, Cloud Computing, and DevOps. This role is for you if you enjoy a widely dynamic role ranging from perfecting configurations to assisting customer with new technologies in a hands on environment to building customer relationships on long term strategic programs. For some team members this position is the ultimate destination and have grown in the role over decades while others have used it as a basis to grow into a wide range of roles HPE has to offer including sales, managerial and technical leadership roles. HPE also offers a technical career path that parallels management levels so there is tremendous opportunity to grow while remaining technical.
Key activities that our Solution Architects perform today include:
· Serving as the technical expert and valued partner with HPE sales team members.
· Creating solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
· Assessing customer mission needs to tailor the right solution with the right HPE products to help the customer succeed.
· Linking the mission need to the proposed IT solution.
· Identifying likely problem areas that require attention and addressing those areas.
· Combating competitive threats in accounts and educating the customer on HPE’s key values and benefits.
· Anticipating potential challenges for the proposed project plan and bringing those to the customer’s attention with a resolution.
· Facilitating smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
· Engaging with peers and partners on technical matters and helping educate others on HPE’s key value and benefits.
Education, Clearance, and Experience Required :
· TS/SCI with either FS or CI Poly
· Bachelors, Masters or technical degree required with strong preference for a major or minor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar field. Other degrees will be considered.
· Experience in sales or technical sales a plus.
· Consulting experience is a plus, especially that with customers regarding their technical requirements around server and storage solutions.
Knowledge and Skills Required :
· Passion for technology.
· Motivation to solve business and technical problems.
· Ability to go in depth on technical solutions especially with servers and storage
· Hands-on knowledge with some current industry leading technology (in a classroom or real world setting).
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and effectively communicate those concepts to others.
· Excellent intrapersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrated effective questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team on large complex projects.
· Effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences.
· Highly motivated team player.
· Entrepreneur minded work ethic.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.