Engineering Manager - Cloud
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
HPE is redefining traditional IT hardware into a composable, software-defined infrastructure that mimics the speed and control of cloud platforms for bringing resources online to develop and run production applications. The foundation of this software-defined infrastructure will be delivered in the cloud and run as-a-Service, which requires a fundamental change in how it is designed, coded, and operated. We are currently in the process of defining and building a Greenfield suite of cloud-based products to take advantage of cloud-native technologies for delivering applications and solutions to our customers, and we’re looking for people with those skills to lead and focus this effort.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a hands-on technical manager to lead a fast-paced team chartered with delivering cloud-based management applications and services. This is a greenfield opportunity and this leader will have a big impact on defining processes, culture, and technologies used – as well as opportunities to hire in for future openings. Successful candidates will have experience delivering applications and services on public cloud platforms, will have experience running software as a service, and are able to work well in a low-process/quick moving environment on an low definition problem set. If you have a track record in and a passion for cloud engineering and management, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
· You will lead multiple teams across multiple geographies (US) that deliver and operate software as a service applications and APIs on top of public cloud.
· You will lead a fast-paced team chartered with delivering cloud-based management applications and services.
· You will have a big impact on defining processes, culture, and technologies used – as well as opportunities to hire in for future openings.
· You will have experience delivering applications and services on public cloud platforms
· You will have experience running software as a service, and are able to work well in a low-process/quick moving environment on an low definition problem set
· You will will be able to hold technical discussions about cloud-native technologies and processes with the team and external partners.
· You have 3+ years of experience with delivering software on top of public or private cloud platforms
· You have 3+ years of experience using or developing advanced CI/CD pipelines that quickly deliver code to production
· You have 3+ years of experience working on production-level software as a service
· You have 3+ years of experience delivering upgrades to operational software as a service platforms
· You have 3+ years of experience as a technical leader within a team or people manager.
· You have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience.
· You have public cloud certification (AWS, GCP, Azure) or Kubernetes certification (CKA/CKAD) desirable.
· You have experience in 24x7 SaaS operations with on-call responsibilities desirable.
· You have experience with software security concerns in a cloud environment is desirable.
· You have advanced understanding of container orchestration (Kubernetes).
· You have an understanding of modern SRE and DevOps principles
· You have advanced understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their impact on developer productivity
· You have customer-focused understanding of the impact of architecture and processes on application SLIs
· You have understanding of REST APIs and the fundamentals of successful designing a REST API
· You have desire to move quickly and ship code, removing blockers for your team along the way.
· You have understanding of how to build modern cloud-native applications - able to have a conversation of why technologies were chosen or not.
· You have understanding of automation and its role in successfully scaling platforms and processes.
· You have leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and people management.
· You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· You have advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
*Open to REMOTE work, not just specific listed locations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.