ENGINEER III - SYSTEMS
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. As a Systems Analyst, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Recently, Cray became part of the HPE family of products and creates unique career opportunities for High Performance Computing professionals.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical and operational leadership and guidance to the other team members
· Primary POC for new , customer escalations and other significant site events
· Serve as liaison between the District Service Manager, Sales, the customer and site staff
· Provide weekly activity/progress reports for issue tracking, event planning, recent events and updates to new or ongoing customer concerns
· Lead regularly scheduled customer meetings to keep the customer informed of significant or ongoing issues, upgrade/maintenance planning, system availability and general system or site staff news
· Provide a full range of pre- and post-sale support of Cray products and services
· Answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases and third-party applications
· Overall management and maintenance of system configuration databases, site spares inventory, part returns and other logistics requirements
· Oversee maintenance and updates to site/system SOPs, system diagrams and other configuration or support documents
· Provide expert technical support of Cray products including but not limited to:
· Maintain system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades
· Provide software technical support for product installations and maintenance to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
· Analyze system hardware, software and third-party software issues, provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution
· Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
· Determine solutions and implement repair or workarounds when possible, fully document steps taken when required
· Document and share troubleshooting techniques, new ideas, and utilities to help develop and grow organizational knowledge
· Manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as required for both hardware and software issue
Background and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
· Extensive knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, networking and security
· 2+ years of HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC and parallel file system administration and support
· Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems
· Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, C, Fortran, etc.)
· Ability to maintain system software through installation of upgrades and patches as needed
· Possess the organizational and analytical skills needed to effectively isolate both hardware and software problems and drive solutions through to conclusion
· Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
· Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience with project planning and management, process management and team or project leadership
· Ability to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus on mentoring and sharing knowledge
· Occasional travel for training or to help support remote systems is required
· Rotation of on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 coverage
· Ability to routinely lift and carry 30 pound hardware components
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.