Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Global Digital Technology and Innovation team drives the adoption of new technologies and analytics for a $26B worldwide business. The team leads key initiatives across the world sponsored by senior leadership and is responsible for business process and data analytics led innovations. This role as Data/Decision Scientist will apply advanced analytic techniques (e.g. statistics, operations research, and computer science) into business context to transform data into meaningful and actionable insights that drive better and faster decision making. You will build, validate and test prototype, get it to production ready phase and see through to the launch. You will be working alongside bright minds across big data, software engineering and advanced analytics, and also be involved in research & development of cutting-edge data & analytics techniques to support specific business requirements and products.
· Identify improvement opportunities using advanced analytics and define business problems from various functional domain (e.g. supply chain, planning, manufacturing)
· Translate business requirements into technical solutions, including mathematical models, solution architecture and data pipeline to achieve measurable business outcomes
· Conceptualize, develop and enhance the advanced analytic model by selecting the relevant modeling methodologies and available structured/unstructured data
· Embed analytic models into operational systems by collaborating with application developers to enable faster and better decision making in the business process
· Communicate the advanced analytic solution to non-technical stakeholders to gain deep understanding and business adoption
· Work with project manager to break down overall work into manageable and tractable tasks while satisfying time, cost and resource constraints
· Advise management and stakeholders on the best practice using advanced analytics by exploring and benchmarking
· PhD or Master’s degree in Industrial/System Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Business Analytics
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in related fields including Data Science, Operation Research, Optimization
· Experience in applying operations research/optimization techniques in academic or business context
· Hands-on mathematical modeling/coding experience using various tools/libraries (e.g. Fico Xpress, CPLEX, Gurobi, SAS)
· Proficiency in programming language (e.g. Python, Java, R)
· Strong Database programming using SQL
· Domain knowledge in supply chain, operation planning and manufacturing is highly valued
· Knowledge of data science methodologies and hands-on modeling experience will be a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.