Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE APJ Innovation Center Singapore focuses on providing customers with world class products and solutions in the big data analytics space, using state-of-the-art big data technologies and advanced analytics techniques.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our team and make a difference! He/she will be a part of our innovation center working on interesting projects and exposed to different domains.
· Formulates and defines analytics solution objectives and technical requirements based on user needs, an understanding of business processes, industry requirements, and advanced analytic models (statistical, operations research, computing, process).
· Conceptualizes, builds, develops and enhances a client's analytic model. Selects the relevant analytic modeling methodology for the use case, available structured and unstructured data, cost and timing constraints to solve the business issue and deliver clear business focused insights.
· Embeds analytic models in an enhanced business process of operational system by collaborating with Application Developers. Responsible for measuring business performance based on the model.
· As a fully functioning analytics team member, applies best practices to analytics solutions and contributes to the development of improved best practices. Leads the model enhancements.
· Summarizes complex ideas by developing visual models to display insights to simplify user experience.
· Communicate the analytics solution to the appropriate stakeholders.
Education and Experience Required:
PhD degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent preferred. Alternatively Master´s Degree in these areas and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Advanced knowledge of advanced data science methodologies including but not limited to classical regression, neural nets, CHAID, CART, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
· Ability to translate business requirements into mathematical models and data science objectives to achieve measurable business outcomes.
· Advanced understanding of analytics software (eg. R, SAS, SPSS, Python). Advanced understanding of analytics deployment architectures.
· Advanced machine learning, data integration, and mathematical modeling skills and ETL tools (eg. Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend).
· Strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness in working across geographical boundaries.
· Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, SAS, Java, Unix Shell scripting. Working knowledge of Hadoop framework desired.
· Advanced knowledge of data visualization techniques and software tools (eg. Spotfire, SAS, R, Qlikview, Tableau, HTML5, D3).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.