Data Center Backup and Storage Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Our service excellence, with consistent globally delivered standardized services guarantees clients peace of mind, while our ability to drive innovation ensures clients a compelling strategy for the future.
Now we are looking for Backup and Storage System Administrator to join our dynamic and highly professional Adaptive Management Solutions team.
AMS team is a building block of HPE datacenter care portfolio and provides infrastructure monitoring and system administrative tasks for enterprise customers. The key deliverables are provided 24x7 remotely from IT Operation Centers (ITOC) following ITIL governance model.
· Deliver 24/7 strategic account support by operating and administrating customer IT environment to ensure proper operation and availability
· Perform scheduled backup tasks – creating/restarting/stopping backup and copy jobs, adding and removing client backup etc.
· Troubleshoot and resolve backup incidents – investigating failed backups, performing OS or data restore etc.
· Analyze backup performance and expand physical backup capacity
· Control and administer hardware and operating system configurations
· Lead technical incident and problem management and their resolution, working closely with end customers and HPE remote and field support staff
· Develop action plans to investigate and resolve technical issues/problems and communicate these to engineers, customers and/or relevant managers
· Act as a technical expert in the service delivery and during onboarding of new customers
· Identify and contribute to projects focused on improving customer satisfaction and team efficiency
· Participate/Drive ITIL based change management, problem management, incident management
· Maintain good customer account relationship
Skills and experience required:
· Working experience with one or more of the following backup vendors: CommVault, Veeam, DataProtector, IBM Tivoli, Veritas
· Experience with configuration, management and monitoring of Data Backup Environment.
· Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
· Ability to isolate and solve complex technical problems
· bility to interact with people (customer and internal HPE) at all levels, across all geographic regions.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal English and/or German language
· Experience in IT Outsourcing or Managed Services
· Working experience with backup hardware – Tape libraries and Backup2disk storages will be considered as an advantage.
· Linux/HP-UX or Windows will be considered as an advantage.
· Linux scripting experience will be considered as an advantage.
We offer a challenging role including:
· Continuous technical training and certification opportunities
· Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field
· Flexible working time
· Part of a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support throughout EMEA
· Competitive remuneration package
· Medical insurance
· 4 days additional paid leave (total: 24 days)
· Food vouchers
· Opportunity to use free HPE parking
· Life insurance
· Wellness program
· HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services
· Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultation
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply — we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please submit your application in English.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.