Business Analytics (Data Science) Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Are you excited about leveraging cutting edge data analytics technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work with a team of Business Analysts & Data Scientists to solve some of HPE GreenLake Cloud Service’s most complex business problems through data?
The GreenLake Cloud Services Business Intelligence/Analytics Practice Team is looking for a passionate, driven Data Science Intern who will apply a logical, systematic approach to problem-solving using mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative/quantitative analytical approaches to identify insights and make actionable recommendations to help drive growth. In this role, you will be exposed to and partner with members from the Strategy & Planning, Go-to-Market, Operations, and Data Management teams to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the most meaningful data and insights to make optimal business decisions. You will also collaborate with our tools partners to build self-service reports and BI dashboards.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with large data sets, deep-dive data analysis including experience extracting and manipulating data using queries (SQL) and Regression analysis to develop predictive models. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of learning, ownership and drive is required to succeed.
· Contribute to the development and growth of the GreenLake Business Analytics Portfolio, supporting the research and delivery of data science solutions to support growth initiatives
· Develop, prototype and test data models with business teams while understanding the use cases for information & operational data
· Support visualization of the model's insights and design for a self-service user experience on Power BI/Qlik Sense dashboards
· Design, test interfaces, enhancements and business analytic reporting solutions
· Work with team members from other business functional and technology areas to develop effective analytics solutions
· Prepare documentation including Requirements and Design documents, Configuration Workbooks, Test Cases other documentation as required through the project lifecycle.
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
Education and Experience :
· Must be enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program with a technical degree specialization.
· Experience working with large data sets, deep-dive data analysis
· Experience extracting and manipulating data using queries (SQL) and Regression analysis to develop predictive models.
· Knowledge of data science methodologies (descriptive & inferential, neural networks, regression analysis)
· Basic understanding of analytics softwares (eg. R, SAS, SPSS, Python).
· Basic understanding of Business Intelligence platforms and data visualization (eg. Power BI, Qlik Sense).
· Basic knowledge of Big Data analytics, data integration, and modeling skills (SQL, ETL)
· Basic communication and presentation skills.
· Must be capable of responding to a fast-paced environment, and have a problem-solver mindset
· Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth. If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.