Automation Engineer - Provisioning
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer’s terms.
· Do you love solving hard problems having to do with things like continuous build, test and deploy?
· Are you are passionate about designing and building complex solutions?
· If the answer is yes, then we are looking for you.
· You'll be taking on a mixture of tasks helping to design, build and maintain DevOps solutions and environments for our customers. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, learn new skills while improving on existing ones, all the while maintaining a positive and "can do" attitude.
· Successful candidates will bias toward action and focus on supporting iterative ('Release early, release often') approaches to the organization and their work.
· You’ll be depended upon for advice regarding DevOps industry trends, key technologies as well as presenting at conferences and lots of Evangelism for DevOps at HPE.
· Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment and drive solutions to reality.
· Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
· Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
· Engage often with customers in all sorts of ways
· Participate in presales and client interactions
· Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
· DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
· Build tools to aid & support delivery of projects for HPE Internal teams
Technical/functional background in at least two of the following DevOps products/tools:
· Infrastructure provisioning (Chef) – Should have strong knowledge of configuration & administration of Linux/Unix/Windows operation systems, should have experience in writing cookbooks to automate day-to-day operational tasks, and should have demonstrable knowledge of working with & troubleshooting Chef Configurations at scale. Should have experience in writing custom Chef Resources.
· Proficient in Ruby programming. Proficiency in Python/Go Programming a plus.
· Proficient in Bash and Powershell scripting
· Continuous integration & Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins, Travis-CI, Gitlab CI) – Should have experience in creating jobs, configuration of pipelines, configuring runners/slaves/build nodes, troubleshooting job failures, knowledge of scripted & declarative pipelines (Jenkins), should have understanding of build & release strategies, should have excellent knowledge of Git workflows & code versioning in a multi user/developer projects.
· 1-2 years of experience in infrastructure operations (Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup).
· Unit testing and automated testing tools – Experience in working with automated infrastructure testing tools like Serverspec, Inspec or equivalent.
· Private Cloud Provisioning & Management (Red Hat Openstack or Canonical Openstack or VMware Cloud) knowledge a must.
· Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes) – Experience in working with Docker containers, writing Dockerfile, building images, Docker image versioning & tagging, interacting with Docker engine to manage images & container a must. Also, Knowledge of container orchestration platforms like Docker Swarm, Open Source Kubernetes or Red Hat Openshift or equivalent is a must.
· Understanding of Virtualization systems (e.g. VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, VirtualBox) & working with them for development & testing a must.
· Should have good understanding of REST APIs & building integrations using the programmable interfaces.
Experience & Qualificatio ns:
· 8+ years’ experience working in software development teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent preferred.
· Customer facing experience and Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
· A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments.
· An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done.
· Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.